We survived the freezing conditions over the weekend for our ‘Christmas’ Camp at Kingswood Grosvenor Hall in Ashford.
On the first evening we all went to the huge gym to play a few games in an attempt meet our group leader, Finn, and to burn off some energy.
Before bed time one of our scouts decided to see if the smoke detectors could really be triggered by an aerosol, as we had been warned (spoiler: yes). We had a fire alarm drill….
Saturday and Sunday saw us split into four groups and rotate around the following activities:
- Leap of Faith (climb up a 10m pole then throw yourself off in the direction of a trapeze
- Obstacle course – circular course with challenging things to do
- Laser tag – either inside or outside
- Nightline – maze games while blindfolded
- 3G swing – be hauled up to 10m before being dropped on a giant swing. It is 3g as you experience 3g at the bottom.
- Problem solving – team brain games
- Jacobs ladder – in pairs, climb up a ‘ladder’ where the rungs are increasingly far apart
- Ariel runway – huge zipline
The full album is posted on our Facebook Page in the Christmas 2017 Album