Camping close to London
We have a secure 3 acre camp-site in Sevenoaks, Kent, 10 minutes from junction 5 of the M25 and within walking distance of a railway station. It is available exclusively for the use of Scout, Guide and DofE Groups.
- Heated scout hut, with toilets and kitchen. Wheelchair access. Large cooker.
- Green-field camping area for up to three patrols.
- Large playing field / further standard camping
- Adventure trail
- Camp fire circle
Woodland chapel(Closed for refurbishment)
- Small stream for ‘river crossings’
subject to volunteer availability where appropriate
- Air rifle range
- Axe throwing (new for 2018)
- Bouldering cube (new for 2018: now with lighting for night-time use)
- Crate stacking
- Go-karts (person powered!)
- Ariel runway
Within walking distance of the campsite
- The Greatness Recreation Ground (managed by Sevenoaks Town Council) is next to the scout hut, which provides a great space for wide games etc. There is also a skate park and football pitches.
- The site is within (beaver) walking distance of Bat and Ball station, or 5 minutes driving distance from Sevenoaks station (25 minutes journey to London Bridge station).
- Sevenoaks Wildfoul Reserve – 180 acres of lakes and wildlife areas with walking trails and places to explore (Kent WIldlife Trust).
Also in the Sevenoaks area there are
- Knole deer park and house (National Trust)
- Sevenoaks leisure centre (swimming pool and indoor sports)
- Access to the North Downs Way (Kemsing / Otford)
- Brands Hatch racing circuit (20 mins drive)
- Bluewater shopping centre (25 mins drive)
- The Hop Farm (25 mins drive)
- Diggerland (30 mins drive)
- Downe Scout Activity Centre (25 mins drive)
- Check the availability using the scout hut calendar or if needed the camp contact form.
- Download and complete the Camping Booking Form .
- Send it by post or email a scan/photo of it to the bookings email address that is on the form
- Arrange to transfer the booking deposit to our account (details on the booking form)
- You should receive a confirmation of booking email and receipt by email
- A month or so before the camp finalise numbers and activity times (if we are providing instructors) and pay the final amount.
- You should receive a receipt back by email
- A week before your camp, arrange with one of the key holders to collect the gate key. Read the Arrival Checklist
- Arrive, have fun!
- Check the Pre-departure Checklist.
- Lock up and drop the key off
Please note that the site should be booked and deposit paid to secure a booking.
How to find us
The street address of our scout hut and camp site is: Scout Hut, Mill Lane, Sevenoaks, Kent TN14 5BU
Postal and email address is listed on the top of the booking form