Camping close to London
We have a secure 3 acre camp-site in Sevenoaks, Kent, 10 minutes from junction 5 of the M25 and within walking distance of a railway station. It is available exclusively for the use of Scout, Guide and DofE Groups.
- Heated scout hut, with toilets and kitchen. Wheelchair access. Large cooker.
- Green-field camping area for up to three patrols.
- Large playing field / further standard camping
- Adventure trail
- Camp fire circle
Woodland chapel(Closed for refurbishment)
- Small stream for ‘river crossings’
subject to volunteer availability where appropriate
- Air rifle range
- Axe throwing (new for 2018)
- Bouldering cube (new for 2018: now with lighting for night-time use)
- Crate stacking
- Go-karts (person powered!)
- Ariel runway
Within walking distance of the campsite
- The Greatness Recreation Ground (managed by Sevenoaks Town Council) is next to the scout hut, which provides a great space for wide games etc. There is also a skate park and football pitches.
- The site is within (beaver) walking distance of Bat and Ball station, or 5 minutes driving distance from Sevenoaks station (25 minutes journey to London Bridge station).
Also in the Sevenoaks area there are
- Knole deer park and house (National Trust)
- Sevenoaks leisure centre (swimming pool and indoor sports)
- Access to the North Downs Way (Kemsing / Otford)
- Brands Hatch racing circuit (20 mins drive)
- Bluewater shopping center (25 mins drive)
- The Hop Farm (25 mins drive)
- Diggerland (30 mins drive)
- Downe Scout Activity Centre (25 mins drive)
Please use the camp contact form to enquire about the camp site availability and pricing. Please note that the site should be booked and deposit paid to secure a booking.
Check the scout hut diary online .
Scout Hut and Camp Site
The street address of our scout hut and camp site is: Mill Lane, Sevenoaks, Kent TN14 5BU