Camping close to London
We have a secure 3 acre camp-site in Sevenoaks, Kent, 10 minutes from junction 5 of the M25 and within walking distance of a railway station. It is available exclusively for the use of Scout, Guide and DofE Groups.
- Heated scout hut, with toilets and kitchen. Wheelchair access. Large cooker.
- Green-field camping area for up to three patrols.
- Large playing field / further standard camping
Adventure trail(Closed for refurbishment)
- Camp fire circle
Woodland chapel(Closed for refurbishment)
- Small stream for ‘river crossings’
- Field shelter and picnic tables to seat 30 (New for 2021!)
subject to volunteer availability where appropriate
- Air rifle range
- Tomahawk throwing (new for 2018)
- Bouldering cube (new for 2018: now with lighting for night-time use)
- Crate stacking
- Go-karts (person powered!)
- Ariel runway (erect-it-yourself)
Within walking distance of the campsite
- The Greatness Recreation Ground (managed by Sevenoaks Town Council) is next to the scout hut, which provides a great space for wide games etc. There is also a skate park and football pitches.
- The site is within (beaver) walking distance of Bat and Ball station, or 5 minutes driving distance from Sevenoaks station (25 minutes journey to London Bridge station).
- Sevenoaks Wildfowl Reserve – 180 acres of lakes and wildlife areas with walking trails and places to explore (Kent WIldlife Trust).
Also in the Sevenoaks area there are
- Knole deer park and house (National Trust)
- Sevenoaks leisure centre (swimming pool and indoor sports)
- Access to the North Downs Way (Kemsing / Otford)
- Brands Hatch racing circuit (20 mins drive)
- Bluewater shopping centre (25 mins drive)
- The Hop Farm (25 mins drive)
- Diggerland (30 mins drive)
Downe Scout Activity Centre (25 mins drive)(currently closed)
Please note, we have identified an issue with our hut roof and are taking steps to rectify it. However at the current time parts of our hut including the hall, the leaders loo, and part of the kitchen is out of bounds for the time being.
The site is only available for camping to youth groups. If you are not a youth group, DO NOT USE THIS FORM, please use the hall hire enquiry form.
- Check the availability using the scout hut calendar or if needed the camp contact form if you have any queries.
- Download and complete the Camping Booking Form.
- Send it by post or email a scan/photo of it to the bookings email address that is on the form
- Arrange to transfer the booking deposit to our account (details on the booking form)
- You should receive a confirmation of booking email and receipt by email
- A month or so before the camp finalise numbers and activity times (if we are providing instructors) and pay the final amount.
- You should receive a receipt back by email
- A week before your camp, arrange with one of the key holders to collect the gate key. Read the Arrival Checklist
- Arrive, have fun!
- Check the Pre-departure Checklist.
- Lock up and drop the key off
Please note that the site should be booked and deposit paid to secure a booking.
How to find us
The street address of our scout hut and camp site is: Scout Hut, Mill Lane, Sevenoaks, Kent TN14 5BU
Postal and email address is listed on the top of the booking form