Squirrels are the news section of scouting, for children 4 and 5 years old.
Outdoor activities, fun, games, badges and so much more, Squirrels is the opportunity for young people to learn skills for life. Supported by amazing leaders delivering an inspiring programme.
Squirrels gives young people the chance to:
- Make friends
- Have fun outdoors
- Learn new things
- Earn badges through fun activities
What’s the best thing about Beaver Scouts? Activities, trips and making friends are all part of what makes it so much fun for girls and boys. As well as earning activity badges, many Beavers Scouts get to go on camps and sleepovers, often for the first time. Beaver Scouts like:
- Being creative – making things and singing
- Playing games
- Going on visits and investigating nature
- Learning about themselves
- Getting to know other people
- Discovering the worlds of science, nature and technology
- Exploring the natural and manmade world
- Caring – responding to the needs of others, the local and international community
Beavers are aged 6-8 years old.
Cub Scouts enjoy new adventures while making new friends along the way. Their commitment is recognised by over thirty activity badges. As well as regular weekly meeting, Cub Scouts also enjoy activity days, weekend camps and pack holidays. Boys and girls:
- Go camping
- Play games
- Explore the outdoors
- Try adventurous activities – such as climbing, sailing and archery
- Meet people from their local community
- Experience the culture of other countries
- Keep themselves and others safe
Cubs are 8 to 10 and a half years old
What don’t Scouts do? At this age, we encourage girls and boys to take responsibility for themselves and each other, with older members leading a small team. They like being with friends and participating fully in the adventure of life. In the Troop Scouts:
- Develop leadership skills
- Learn emergency aid
- Spend nights away – the summer camp is often the highlight of the year
- Help others in the community
- Cook, both at home and at camp
- Adventurous and sporting activities – anything from abseiling to zorbing
- Learn survival skills
Scouts are 10 to 14 and a half years old.
Elsewhere in the Sevenoaks District we have Explorer Groups, Network and a Scout Active Support team.