Our planned microlighting session during camp unfortunately had to be cancelled. After a quick reassessment of our weekend, we decided to relocate the camp to Hamlet Wood scout campsite near Maidstone.
The camp was a patrol camp, with scouts doing just about all the catering for the whole weekend, including cooking for leaders!
We tried a somewhat different menu for a change.
- Supper: Sausage-in-a-bun, hot chocolate
- Breakfast: Full English (choice of egg, beans, mushrooms, bacon, sausage, toast/eggy-bread)
- Lunch: Chicken or haloumi fajitas followed by campfire doughnuts
- Dinner: Spaghetti, tomato sauce and meatballs and pineapple fritters for desert
- Sunday Breakfast: Breakfast burritos
- Eleven o’clock snack: Smores
We did manage to squeeze some activities in-between the cooking and eating – we threw tomahawks, ran a catapult shooting gallery (only tin cans and chickpeas were hurt) and ran some wide games.
We have masses of photos and videos – there are a sample below but you can view them all in the shared album
As part of the camp each patrol created a Platinum Jubilee-themed skit
Fortunately no-one seems to have recorded the leader’s attempt at singing…